Post WWII RRAF Aircrew Wing

Shipping calculated at checkout.

Original Post World War Two Royal Rhodesian Air Force Aircrew Wing.

This pattern was worn between 1953-1970.

Padded, raised, and embroidered.

The Rhodesian Air Force (RhAF) was based in Salisbury (now Harare) and represented several entities under various names between 1935 and 1980: originally serving the British self-governing colony of Southern Rhodesia, it was the air arm of the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland between 1953 and 31 December 1963; of Southern Rhodesia once again from 1 January 1964; and of the unrecognized nation of Rhodesia following its Unilateral Declaration of Independence from Britain on 11 November 1965. 

Named the Royal Rhodesian Air Force (RRAF) from 1954, the "Royal" prefix was dropped in 1970 when Rhodesia declared itself a republic – the official abbreviation changed appropriately. When the internationally recognized country of Zimbabwe came into being in 1980, the RhAF became the Air Force of Zimbabwe.

Out of stock

Collections: Archive Tags: Badges & Insignia, Post WWII, Rhodesia